Re: [Amps] SB-220 HV meter on zero

To: Catherine James <catherine.james@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 HV meter on zero
From: Vic Rosenthal <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 07:44:31 +0200
Make a shorting stick -- a dry wood or fiberglass stick about 16" long with a
hook at one end, and a wire from the hook going to a good-quality alligator
clip. When you open the amplifier, connect the clip solidly to the chassis and
touch various spots in the power supply and plate circuit with the hook, and
then hook it to a hv point and leave it there while you work.
Use it religiously -- never open the amp without it no matter what. Just
another level of security.

Vic 4X6GP