[Amps] Stock up on tubes?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Stock up on tubes?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 06:01:33 -0800
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 10:21:37 -0500
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stock up on tubes?

For those of you who have not yet seen this video, it shows some remarkable
cooling progress being made to SS amplifiers.  I hope that in the near future,
we'll see more SS amplifiers using closed-loop water cooling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLCuWs5SdBI

Pau, W9AC

##  The cooling concept works...good.
##  I see the 11m ops have discovered the LDMOS devices.

Go to 21.05   and see where he cuts the output coax..slowly..... laying a dead
short on the output, then as he slices clean through... a wide open !
Then puts a screw driver across the center and shield, and draws huge arcs..all
with drive applied.   Thats with a 5 kw slug  on the output side..and  214-U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LiuynU9xSw

Then leaves drive applied..with a wide open.  It doesn’t blow up.

Jim  VE7RF