[Amps] TRANS WORLD TW500A-RM

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TRANS WORLD TW500A-RM
From: "Emile Venter" <aod@mweb.co.za>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 11:36:32 +0200
Hi

I have recently acquired an old Trans World TW500A-RM solid state amplifier.

This is the rack mount version of this 500W amplifier.

It is a very basic amplifier with absolutely no fancy electronics.  The rack
mount version was made to only switch bands via a remote switch.  However,
one of the previous owners installed a band selector switch on the front
panel.

Very little information on this amplifier is available on the Internet.

In the operator's and technical manual I found on the Internet, it is
mentioned that the "FSK Option" should be installed for high duty cycle
operation such as FSK and CW.  I cannot find any information on this "FSK
Option".  How would I know if this option is installed in the amplifier I
have?

Also, if anyone out there can point me in the right direction to find more
information on this amplifier, I would really appreciate your help.

I have been following this mailing list for a few weeks now and I must say
that most of the discussion topics have been extremely interesting.

Regards

Emile

ZS6V