Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule;

To: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>, "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule; Long off topic reply
From: Glen Zook via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 16:09:38 +0000 (UTC)
The Novice Class license eventually became renewable and there are still a few
Novice Class licensees remaining today.  However, no new Novice Class licenses
are being issued.  It is the same with Advanced Class licenses in that they are
renewable today but no new Advanced Class licenses are being issued.

The old Conditional Class license, which is what the old Class "C" license
became, was combined with General Class in the late 1970s or early 1980s.

 Glen, K9STH