Re: [Amps] Audio/RF compression

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Audio/RF compression
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 20:41:19 -0800
On Thu,1/12/2017 5:35 PM, Manfred Mornhinweg wrote:
Why that question? And how much, how and where do you operate?

It puts ones opinions and experience in context. And your response was helpful. Operators opinions of what works and how well, what's important and what's not, are strongly dependent on how we use or radios.

I mostly operate contests on the HF bands and 6M -- CW favorite, RTTY next, and SSB. Chase DX a bit, 319 countries confirmed since moving to W6 10 years ago. 165 worked QRP, and I need two states to complete QRP (5W) WAS on 160M. I also operate MS, tropo, and Es on 6M, using JT65, JT9, FSK441, and ISCAT. I do almost no ragchewing. I've been continuously licensed since 1955, Extra in 1959.

73, Jim K9YC