[Amps] Comet vacuum variable capacitor data

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Comet vacuum variable capacitor data
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 03:11:18 -0800
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 01:28:33 -0500
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Comet vacuum variable capacitor data

Alan,

You might have a look here at Fair Radio &
see if they have something that interests
you, they have always done very well by me
and they're nice to work with:

https://fairradio.com/?s=vacuum

And the link to Max Gain which Kevin
provided: https://www.mgs4u.com/ is also
an excellent source.

73 & happy hunting,

Gary
KA1J

## I agree with the above 2 x vendors.   And they both hi pot
test their vac caps  before shipping them out.  I have bought many vac
caps from both vendors, and both went out of their way to handle my
requests.

##  Direct pull vac caps are semi useless imo.  They are typ 50 lbs for a direct
pull, and a tiny fraction of that when the lead screw – normal bell housing and
shaft used.

##  A lot of the  comet brand...  swiss made vac caps  have high  min C
ratings for what ever reason, some are 100 pf min C....which makes em
semi useless in most applications.

##  beware, a lot of vac caps and  also surplus vac relays have lousy vacs
and also no vac.... aka...gone up to air.  Megabuck to have the vac redone.
Don’t buy anything unless it has been hi pot tested....and also insist that
they are
packaged correctly, IE:  foam on all 6 x sides.

Jim  VE7RF