[Amps] AMPTEC LA4000

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AMPTEC LA4000
From: Larry Williamson <larry@mygbi.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 18:42:06 +0000
I have been looking and watching patiently for the last couple years regarding
these fine looking amplifiers.
I have had several email exchanges with them also through the same time frame.
I have also noticed they don't sell them on EBay anymore (not sure why).

*         Price---- Very attractive

*         Communication----Fast through email

*         Quality/workman ship---- appears to be excellent

My final decision not to purchase one was based on the following---

*         Communication-----I mentioned above this was fast through email,
however they were very short with limited information regarding the subject in
matter. The response was usually about 6-10 words in length. I asked about
making a payment and never received a response. There was never any follow up
email on their part.

Remember, I have the money to send-----It's up to them to make me feel
comfortable with their product! I never at one time felt good about it!

*         Still don't have a English manual ------ After 4 or 5 years now, you
would think someone could whip up a manual in a hurry.

*         YouTube videos----The videos are great, it's just too bad we can't
understand them. You can't enable caption translation because it's turned off
on their side.

I don't expect to see a video in every country's language, however if you are
going to market to a  specific country you better have someone that can
communicate with them.

Remember, I am trying to justify sending 4-5 thousand dollars overseas--- It's
theirs to have if they want it!

               My overall feeling is 'They definitely don't market to US hams'

FYI--- I sent my money to Jay at Array Solutions last week-I have already had 4
or 5 email exchanges and 4 cell phone calls.

I'm a happy camper!

Cheers
Larry