Re: [Amps] Memories of Many 11 Meter Amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Memories of Many 11 Meter Amps
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 21:02:37 -0500
OK, we are in agreement up to this point, BUT, I had a good paying job and am now retired, on a pension plus SS which unfortunately leaves me kinda thin on the $7,500 amp. <sigh>,So, much as I'd like, I'm not in a position to purchase the amp for evaluation even though the auto-tune version would be ideal for my SO2R station goals. OTOH, I do have a Quadra, with 2 RF decks.

Then, again if...If I could sell the excess equipment. I just might be able to cover most of the cost and I do have 4 spare FU728Fs. and a few 4CX1500s, Tested 4CX3000 including socket and chimney, Quadra with 2 RF decks (one needs work), 10 new, matched VRF151 transistors 50V 150W), one YC127, one FTDX1000 MK V, one Alpha 76A, (needs work) One rebuilt Hallicrafters HT33B with 8295A ceramic Pentode (excellent shape, but needs 2 panel screws), 3 spare 8295A Pentodes, one 4-1000 With Socket, several of the Russian big glass Pentodes (Forget the number.), and assorted "stuff"

73,  Roger K8RI)

##  OK Roger, race out and get one of those  OM power, FCC approved,  4 kw pep
output
auto tune amps, with the pair of chinese  FU- tubes in it.  Bargain at $7k...
and way less for the
manual tune version.  Weighs 100 lbs, comes with a pair of 3 kva  CCS rated
torroid plate
xfmrs.  Then evaluate it for us.  2.5 kw CCS  RTTY + FM,  4 kw pep out  SSB  +
CW.
That should be  plenty of head room for anybody.  Array solutions sells both
versions.   Tubes are cheap.

Jim  VE7RF

---