Re: [Amps] Maintenance-free

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Maintenance-free
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 07:45:28 +1300
On 28/02/17 06:00, Catherine James <catherine.james@att.net> wrote:
As a teen-ager and early-twenty-something, I changed the oil in my car. It was easy. You either popped the hood or crawled under the car (depending on the model), used a tool to break the oil filter loose and unscrew it, replaced the filter, threw away the old oil, and refilled.

Girls like you were hard to find back when I was a teenager.

[....]  Reading about these "99 errors" and need to reset microprocessors on
more modern amps leaves me cold.  I have zero interest in trying to do maintenance on
something with that level of complexity.

It's not too bad once you've had to do it the first time, like anything I suppose.

Serial terminals and 'commands' go kinda like - ok so we plug this in here and press 'enter' - it worked, terminal said "OK>" !! Sooo diag command is, um, "?", so hits ? and enter, and voila!! Whole page of very concise answers!! How hard is it get a concise answer? Very quickly it becomes actually less complex, but yeah there's a hump to get over.

Steve