Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 01:54:22 -0500
Distilled water is highly corrosive. Brass hose fittings with DI flow 24 X 7 will reduce those shiny brass hose barbs to a dull redish brown color that can be crumbles between your thumb and forefinger with very little pressure.. Even DI water was not without some problems. We used a thousand gallons at a time for our banks of 12 KW RF generators.used for float zone refining of silicon. If distilled water were De ionized, it would not be corrosive. Time to change the fittings was usually announced when a hose barb failed and water was sprayed all over the 6 or 7 KV circuits.

Now days the polycrystaline Silicon is more pure out of the reactors than 1 or 2 passes in the zoners. and a whole lot less expensive. When you see the 3 or 4 main producers output is in thousands of metric tons at a tiny fraction of the price 50 years ago. It's no wonder SS devices are as inexpensive as they are.

73, Roger (K8RI)