Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling

To: <amps@contesting.com>, Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling
From: Catherine James <catherine.james@att.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 14:44:51 +0000 (UTC)
I would say the consensus is that air cooling is much simpler than liquid
cooling, even if large, noisy fans are needed and the case has to be carefully
designed to force flow in the right places.

It's not a coincidence that air-cool ham amplifiers are common, while
liquid-cooled one are rare.

Long term, I hope we can follow Manfred's suggest to move toward Class E and
other amplifier designs that are much more efficient and need less cooling.

73,
Cathy
N5WVR