Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 17:06:06 -0600
I wonder why not to drink it?

I have I remember a few times drank distilled water, and remember how terrible it tasted.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 3/7/2017 5:02 PM, Steve Wright wrote:
On 08/03/17 06:00, "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net> wrote:
[...] 99.9% pure water can be obtained by
distillation. Deionization can be used to further purify distilled water.
There is distilled water, deionized water, and the purist
distilled-deionized water. Ask a chemist who measures trace elements in
parts per billion (ppb) or parts per trillion (ppt).

This is correct, finally. It was very annoying to listen to all the other 'correct' opinions for so long.

It doesn't address the corrosive aspects, however. I had a very interesting conversation with an elderly gentleman at the model railway about that, but I am not enough up to speed on it to teach it.

I did spend a couple years in a thermal generation facility however, and all their feedwater was deionized to the eyeballs, as I recall, except in the lab where it was double deionized - we were instructed not to drink it. It didn't seem that large parts were rusting off - quite the reverse. I admit to not knowing much about the topic. I used to stop and gaze at the attractive red and blue balls.