Re: [Amps] Labeling house circuits

To: "Catherine James" <catherine.james@att.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Labeling house circuits
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:01:53 -0400
I did all the electrical work here and added several extra circuits for convenience from the beginning and wound up adding another smaller 100A box for expansion years later to feed the garages/outbuildings where I run compressors, welders and other tools.

A clipboard is right next to the main breaker box with ALL the pertinent info which includes a breaker numbering schematic. An index card is taped inside the the smaller box cover.

The boxes along with the generator circuitry are in a dark corner of the basement when the AC goes down so a good junkyard battery, a float level trickle charger, and a 12VDC trouble light are very accessible. The last battery lasted 18 years and the generator is 23 years old.

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Catherine James" <catherine.james@att.net>