Re: [Amps] New Amplifier

To: "Amps group" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Amplifier
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:31:36 -0500
This is the quandary of the solid state amp. The part can be blasted in such a small time that there is a premium on the speed and thresholds of the protection circuitry - too little or too late and, well, it's part swapping time. Solid state is reliable if the limits are not exceeded and that means even for what can be amazingly small periods of time. A tube by comparison can generally be abused for a relatively long period of time and not suffer damage which is one of the reasons that I think tubes stick around - they are like that 350 chev - it's not the latest and greatest but it's known, it's rugged and you can fix it if it breaks.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Turner