Re: [Amps] New Amplifier

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Amplifier
From: Thomas Walsh <w2co@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:26:25 -0600
Yes the 9500 can do practically instant band changes if the op had
stored their user mems properly. If they stored correct tunings in
the bands/segments they're using and leave auto off, it can and will
do instant band changes accurately and quickly. I save my user mems
every time I use it as they do change a bit from day to day, be it
antenna differences or humidity etc., but if one gets into the habbit of
hitting the save button every time you tune up, it's good to go
with your ant system. Do not leave auto on if doing band hopping!
Auto is only meant to be a tuning aid and once you get there just
hit save. I see a lot of people leave auto on all the time! This
will greatly slow down band hopping as it will attempt to retune
as well every time. Read the manual!
Tom
W2CO

On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 05:51 +0000, Bill Turner wrote:
> ------------ ORIGINAL MESSAGE ------------(may be snipped)
>
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:04:23 -0700, Jim wrote:
>

> >#  What the power genius  will do is  swap between any 2 bands real fast, as
> >shown in their video.
> >Where they jump back and forth  between 40 + 20m, using just  one xcvr and
> >one amp.   You cant
> >jump back and forth that fast on say a Alpha 9500.
>
> REPLY:
>
> Sure you can.
>
> I don't know the exact time the 9500 needs to change bands and retune,
> but it's about the blink of an eye. Of course that is hard on the
> moving parts and I wouldn't like to operate one that way, but it could
> be done.
>
> 73, Bill W6WRT

Sent from W2CO