Re: [Amps] New Amplifier

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Amplifier
From: Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2017 22:16:51 -0700
Straight from the GE Tube Data Book:

CCS: "Continuous Commercial Service (CCS) is defined as that that type of
service in which
normal tube life and reliability of performance under continuous operating
conditions are the
prime consideration." CCS duty cycle is 100% and extends until the end of
the rated lifetime of
the tube.
ICAS: "Intermittent Commercial and Amateur Service (ICAS) is defined to
include the many
applications where the transmitter design factors of minimum size, light
weight, and considerably
increased power output are more important than long tube life. In this
service, life expectancy
may be one-half of that obtained in Continuous Commercial Service.
Under the ICAS are such applications as the use of tubes in amateur
transmitters, and the use of
tubes in transmitters where transmissions are of an intermittent nature.
The term "intermittent" is
used to identify operation in all applications other than amateur in which
no operating or "on"
period exceeds 5 minutes and every "on" is followed by an "off" or standby
period of at least the
same or greater duration." ICAS service specifies a 5/10 duty cycle, which
is 50%.

73, Dick, W1KSZ