[Amps] Mobile Amps ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Mobile Amps ?
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:49:50 -0300
I am thinking of upgrading my mobile station from 100w to something more.
500-600w minimum.

At one time there seemed to be more choices available to the mobile ham but
now about the only choice seems

to be the Ameritron ALS-500. At $1350 CDN + 15% tax and then shipping,
(making it about $1600 CDN) it's not cheap for a 350-400w (CW) amp.

I don't mind paying for quality, but what scares me more about this amp are
some of the less than glowing reviews.

In my limited research I've found:

(RM Italy seems like lower power and some are illegal in NA)

(SGC no longer making the power cube I don't think)

(THP out of business)

What else is out there?

Thanks

Mike VE9AA..VE9AA/m