Re: [Amps] Mobile Amps ?

To: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Mobile Amps ?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:29:52 -0400
Mike, I dont know if SSB IMD quality is important to you but I cant think of any 12V mobile amp that is even close to acceptable. OTOH with the typical mobile signal, especially 160-40, it may not be important but a low VSWR is best by far. On CW key clicks are aggravated by VSWR so an automatic tuner is also desirable.

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>