Re: [Amps] tarnish or corrosion?

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tarnish or corrosion?
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 09:49:19 -0400
  Don N8DE n8de@thepoint.net wrote:

Have you ever thought of putting petroleum jelly on the contacts to prevent the moist air from getting to the metal? Worth a try!

  Better, use something made for this exact problem:

https://smile.amazon.com/Novagard-Dielectric-Silicone-Compound-AS-8660/dp/B001BNZWNU/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1492955056&sr=8-14&keywords=silicone+dielectric+compound

  This product has NO bearing strength.
(part will evaporate, it is a mixture of two silicone greases)

  I have this same problem in W. C. Florida.

Quoting Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>:

I have a hot and humid year round weather.  I have lots of problems with
some kind of material that gets on exposed plugs and sockets that
interferes with electric conduction.
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.