Re: [Amps] Sunset of old technologies

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Sunset of old technologies
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 18:47:56 -0400
You mean like this?

http://en.recentchina.com/product_detail.php?id=42

QUANZHOU RISEN ELECTRONICS Recent RS-918SSB

Frequency Range - RX:1.8-30MHz TX:All HAM HF BANDS
Operating Mode - SSB(J3E),CW,AM(RX Only), FM, FREE-DV
TX Power - 5W (Standard, DC 13.8V) , 15W (Full,DC 13.8V)

I don't know if they include USB access to the SDR.

Rumored USA price is $350.

73, DavidC KD4E

I think it's a mistake to call stand alone rigs "using" SDR tech internally as SDR as we don't have access to control them as with true SDR rigs

73, Roger (K8RI)