Re: [Amps] 8877 filament

Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 filament
From: RCM <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 22:07:02 -0400
> On May 7, 2017, at 10:50, Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net> wrote:
>
> Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 10:52:14 -0600
> From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
> To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>
> Cc: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
> Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 filament
>
> <What is the mechanism by which an indirectly heated cathode is
> <"poisoned" if the filament is run at a reduced voltage, with no other
> <voltage on the tube?

There are a bunch on notes and papers on the Eimac site.

It’s been some time since I looked through them.

Stuff about operation at reduced filament voltage, for longer life, but don’t
remember anything about standby.

Someone with more time and brains, or if you don’t have copies you need them.

Their “Search Website” seems to find more than just the Library page.

http://www.cpii.com/library.cfm/9