[Amps] Interesting new amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Interesting new amplifier
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 19:32:22 -0700
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 22:53:42 +0300
From: "Val" <val@vip.bg>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Interesting new amplifier

> ##  Interesting. So other than the ?42 db harmonic suppression, what
> else is
> required to make an HF amp  meet FCC  technical requirements ?
>
> Jim  VE7RF

<As far as I remember, no more than 15 dB gain and no gain between 26
<and 28 MHz. If DX5 meets those requirements, it could be authorized by
<FCC as far as the max power is out of question.

73, Val LZ1VB

### ok, so the 15 db rule is still in effect ???    I thought the old 15 db
rule was only
applicable  between 25-30 mhz ?

##  You are no doubt correct, which explains the input padding on the FCC
approved version of the OM-4000.   That, and the cpu shutting down the amp,
if it sees  more than 100w of drive on the input side.

##  It really is silly when you think of it.   Any padding can easily be
removed or bypassed.
Adding  12 + 10M  just requires a ham ticket..anybodys  will do, or add it your
self.

##  The folks who get the short end of the stick are the QRP folks..with the 15
db gain limit.
Even then, the padding can still be bypassed.

##  The 11m folks dont use ham amps on 11m anyway, since most ham  amps  have
lousy eff
on 10m...and barely work as is..and are into melt down on FM + AM.

Jim   VE7RF