Re: [Amps] About LP100A

To: WK1W-Ivan Shapiro <WK1W@ivanshapiro.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] About LP100A
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 18:28:56 -0600
I have an LP100A wattmeter and like it very much. But how do any of
you know how accurate it really is? The only way to know is with a
calibration standard, and RF power is notoriously difficult to measure
accurately. I've compared the LP100A to the Alpha 4510, and a
MeterBuilder MB-1, and by measuring the RMS RF voltage (with a
calibrated Tek oscilloscope) across a 50 ohm dummy load. There's no
obvious consistency among these wattmeters. The readings vary from one
another with frequency and power level, by as much as five percent. My
guess is that the MB-1 is likely the most accurate, based on the
calibration curves and methodology supplied by the manufacturer. But
that is still just a guess.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone