Re: [Amps] About LP100A

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] About LP100A
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 01:42:10 +0000

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 21:10:56 -0400, KA4INM wrote:

>   Now that digital scopes are common, nothing else seem to exist.
>It looks like the lessons of history will be lost on this next
>generation.

REPLY:

Are you saying the traditional analog scopes are better?

As a technician who used to work at Tektronix, I can assure you that
digital scopes can do everything that analog van do and some thing
that analog can not. This is especially true for capturing waveforms
that are either too fast or too slow for the human eye to observe on
an analog scope.

The only possible exception is in the very high GHz range where A/D
converters either don't exist or are very expensive. Even there, time
will eventually bring up the availability and down the cost.

73, Bill W6WRT
.