Re: [Amps] Fil transformer

To: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fil transformer
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@me.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 11:47:58 -0400
Hi Russ,

Thanks. Just to be clear, I do not require a transformer for providing filament
power: it's to fix a design flaw in the Clipperton L, which lacks a centre tap
for the filament windings and instead feeds the filaments with RF on one side
only, introducing hum.

The fix is to parallel a centre-tapped 6v transformer secondary with the
filament windings on the main transformer and move the RF input to the new
centre tap.

The Hammond 166j6 is ideal, as it can be added with no metalwork, and you
simply cut off and tape the primary windings.

73, kelly, ve4xt,

Sent from my iPhone