Re: [Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band
From: "Kevin Stover, AC0H" <kstover@ac0h.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:04:31 -0600
Convert a 100W Marshall head to 630m? ;-)

On 11/10/2017 12:25 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On 11/9/2017 10:01 AM, Catherine James wrote:
I think it will be much easier to start with an existing amplifier and modify it rather than building from scratch.

I've seen observations that some audio power amplifier can be made to work by removing any circuitry to limit their bandwidth. Audio amplifiers generally have high linearity within the audio spectrum, but depending on the devices used and the feedback networks, might not be so good at 630M, and efficiency of the output devices are likely to be lower. I own several, left over from my work in pro audio. One of these days I should look into that. :)

73, Jim K9YC

R. Kevin Stover    AC0H
FISTS #11993
SKCC #215