Re: [Amps] Alpha 9500 Relays Needed

To: Thomas Walsh <w2co@comcast.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 9500 Relays Needed
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 08:28:00 -0700
Here’s how it’s done, Tom. As I said, it was very easy, no stress on the
control PCB, no cutting into the amp:
https://sites.google.com/site/k1jdalpha9500relayconversion/
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 23, 2017, at 7:33 AM, Thomas Walsh <w2co@comcast.net> wrote:

Well that is interesting Jim, with the way the g41c's are mounted behind
the main ctrlr board, I don't see how any other
"fatter" relay could fit unless one cut a hole in the bulkhead. But that's
right smack into the tube deck area again allowing
out of phase rf into the cntrl board. Also the log amps and
the critical traces on that board which do all in/out fwd/ref wattmeter
functions, the log amps are sensitive and would need to be recalibrated at
the very least. If one put larger parts
there it would cause the board to bow when tightening down
the screws, and that's never good with a board with 100% smd
parts.. I would luv to find a replacement that would fit but it just
doesn't exist.
Tom W2CO
BTW, Happy TNXGVG to everyone!

Sent from my iPad