Re: [Amps] Operational Input Impedance

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Operational Input Impedance
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 14:46:36 -0800
I don't know the microHam unit, but I use the LP-100A with two detectors, one on each power amp in my SO2R setup. One of the features of its firmware is that in this setup, it can be set to automatically switch the readout to the active transmitter. And yes, it will do exactly what Joe describes. It's an excellent unit.  Larry ships his detectors factory-calibrated to a pair of BNC cables that connect each detector to the unit. I bought a used unit from W6OSP's estate that came with a single detector. I added a second detector, and sent the unit back to Larry for calibration.

73, Jim K9YC

microHAM SMORF and N8LP LP-100A will provide calibrated R+/-jX for
this application. SMORF will allow "calibrating out" a known distance
of standard cables.  Either unit has a remote sensor unit that can
be connected to the input jack of the amplifier under test with a
simple double female connector (essentially zero length line).