[Amps] GS35B Idle current increasing

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Paul Baldock" <paul@paulbaldock.com>
Subject: [Amps] GS35B Idle current increasing
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 11:15:32 -0700
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 14:45:45 -0700
From: Paul Baldock <paul@paulbaldock.com>
To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS35B Idle current increasing

<Today I measured the filament voltage which is 13.5V. Spec is 11.9 to
<13.3, so I think this OK.

<At 08:50 PM 3/13/2018, Jim Thomson wrote:
  <I suspect the tubes available these days are all pulls or pulls of pulls

<Jim - They have the appearance of unused NOS, still in the original packaging.

<- Paul

## This baffles me.   How many others using the same tube are seeing the rising
idle current issue ??   You might also want to run the question past the
suppliers
that you are dealing with.   I note that even with  -55 volts of bias, that the
idle current
is   180 ma... which indicates you still need more bias..to get the idle back
down to its
110ma.    Im assuming your bias supply is now maxed out at  -55 vdc?

Jim   VE7RF