Re: [Amps] Amps] water purity/conductivity in water cooled tube, > ampli

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps] water purity/conductivity in water cooled tube, > amplifiers
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 22:20:24 -0400
Hi John,

Thanks so much for your input.  This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

I'm familiar with the Pex tubing, but never thought of using it.  It sure would hold it's round cross section better than the softer silicone.

I have a metal lathe, that I have used for winding wire on large coil forms.  (Unfortunately, its' slowest speed is way too fast to use the machine under power.  I turn the chuck by hand.)  I was thinking of doing something like a bifilar filament choke like you would find on a grounded grid amp. Maybe on a diameter of 2 to 3 inches.  6 or 8 turns on a 3 inch dia would be a bunch.

I will surely kick around the info you provided.

73 de Steve, NR4M