Re: [Amps] door knob capacitors needed

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] door knob capacitors needed
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 07:54:33 -0600
Two points about the Russian doorknobs:  1.  My expereince has been
that the threaded ends twist off easily.  Be careful and don't
over-tighten.  2.  They are metric so brass screws from Ace Hardware
won't work.  MacMaster-Carr has metric brass fasteners.

Agree with Carl about the data or lack of it.  For this reason I use
them in non-critical places such as feedline matching networks.  In a
transmitter that's a PITA to get into and repair, I go with HECs
because I can select the right cap for the job based on current and v.
data for 1000 kc.

Rob
K5UJ