[Amps] Carl's and Jim's Words

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Carl's and Jim's Words
From: Jim <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:49:02 -0500
Speaking of re-reading....

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY

On 3/25/2019 2:09 PM, Carl wrote:
I hate to break the news to you but I have a few decades more experience building, using, and servicing amps than you can claim so back off on the snotty comments. That includes a couple of commercial ISM products.

Getting back to the 2 holer AL-1500, it will handle ~ 3dB over 1500W and survive if only done for short periods such as in a pileup and a bit of extra air. A stiff 240-250V line is a given as well as using a better PS board if the HV exceeds the cap ratings. In normal use the tubes are loafing.

The tuning networks are up to the users but are easily tweaked if wanted as is an external transformer.

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>