Re: [Amps] Measuring IMD in a home workshop

To: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Measuring IMD in a home workshop
From: Conrad PA5Y <g0ruz@g0ruz.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 10:19:04 +0000
Hello Peter the best way of generating a clean 100W - 2 tone test is to use an
ANAN SDR equipped with Pure signal. PowerSDR mRX has a 2 tone test built in.
Then if you have a good SA just use that. As an alternative to a SA a Perseus
SDR with an appropriate attenuator will allow you to do a good job.

The alternative is to build a couple of good signal sources or use 2 good
signal generators with isolators and a class A amplifier that can achieve
better than -50dBc on 3rd orders. This is quite difficult hence my suggestion
of using an ANAN with Pure Signal active.

73

Conrad PA5Y