Re: [Amps] Are Amps Slow on the uptake? Or is it just me?

To: Jeff@contesting.com, in@contesting.com, Mali@contesting.com: <tz4am@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Are Amps Slow on the uptake? Or is it just me?
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 07:55:22 +0800
Good point Jeff.

I run the VK6 Inwards QSL Bureau and I get quite a few cards for VK6FO, a call that does not exist. However, 4K6FO, is an active DXer on CW.

When I look at the QSO details on the cards for VK6FO and compare them to old spots on the DX cluster/s, I see thay always coincide with 4K6FO's operations.

I have heard 4K6FO on the air and it is true. It sounds like VK6FO, because the first dit is not being transmitted or is so low that it is not easily picked up.

I figured that either he is hot switching his amp or his transmitter is not responding fast enough to that first dit. I don't know which it is.

Modern transceivers have a TX Delay facility, which would probably solve this problem.

73, Alek. VK6APK