Re: [Amps] How to Bypass TR circuitry in Alpha 86

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] How to Bypass TR circuitry in Alpha 86
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 11:18:48 -0800
On 2/13/2020 10:40 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
##  what  am  I  missing  here ?

Bandpass filters, ferrite chokes at antenna feedpoints, stubs on power amp outputs to suppress even order harmonics. k9yc.com/7QP.pdf show a setup we use three times a year for FD, 7QP, and CQP every year.

There are dozens of super-stations around the world built for contesting, where legal limit stations simultaneously light up every band that's open. And I'd guess that a third or more of SERIOUS contesters are running SO2R. The biggest stations run (at least) two radios on each band, one "running" (calling CQ) and the other in S&P mode (tuning up and down the band for multiplers).

http://k9yc.com/Multi-Station.pdf provides an overview of all of the mechanisms that can couple RF between stations.

73, Jim K9YC