Re: [Amps] 572B/T160L tube class C

To: "Fuqua, William L." <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 572B/T160L tube class C
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 21:50:36 -0400
That tube was designed for AM BCB service by Taylor but didnt catch on there or for AM hams as the T-160L in the late 50's.

It was later bought by and designated the 572/T-160L for Unitrd Electronics alone. They couldnt keep up with demand and sold production rights to Cetron who had a much larger production facility.

UE then became the 572A and Cetron the 572B. The step top (shouldered) glass was Cetron and the round top was UE.

At some point the T-160L was dropped for both.

You may also find a 572B with the round top and the Cetron name, those were built by UE as the demand was even too much for Cetron alone at times....such as the SB-200 and the Clipperton L.

I have examples of both (no Taylor T-160L) as well as other versions including OEM named such as Dentron, Waters, plus Raytheon, GE, and several others who did not build their own. The top shape ID's the source.

I cant remember ever seeing an actual T-160L spect sheet or the tube.

Carl
Ham since 1955

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fuqua, William L." <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>