[Amps] Testing Tubes with a Henry 2K

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Testing Tubes with a Henry 2K
From: Donald Fox via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 16:25:26 +0000 (UTC)
Carl, et al:

Has anyone contemplated what it would take to create a "dummy" 3-500 for
testing in cases like this?
Something along the lines of a 3-500 base, with an appropriate resistor (or
group of them) that one could substitute for one of the tubes in the series
circuit.
Cooling for said resistor(s) would be accomplished by the blower and chimney in
the case of a Henry, or Drake LB. Hopefully, the muffin fan on amps like the
SB-220/221 and Drake L7 could take care of that duty as well

I know we have the smarts here to get it done, if it can be, reasonably.
I myself would like to have such a thing on hand for future
maintenance/troubleshooting.

Don