Re: [Amps] Testing Tubes with a Henry 2K

To: "Donald Fox" <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>, "Amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>, "Brett Sims" <brett@simsranch.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Testing Tubes with a Henry 2K
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:50:23 -0400
As amp/vintage TX repair is a part time business here since the 60's Ive tested a single tube in a two and three tube amp from a 807's to 8877's. Metal or glass, triode, tetrode, and pentode, they all work well as long as the common sense already mentioned is observed..

With GG triodes its grid current and with grid driven tetrode and pentodes the screen current is the most important indicator.

With air system sockets the old adage "go stuff a sock in it" works well!

Carl
Ham since 1955

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donald Fox via Amps" <amps@contesting.com> To: "Amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>; "Brett Sims" <brett@simsranch.com>