Re: [Amps] 8877

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877
From: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 22:00:42 -0600

On 1/26/2022 4:21 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
I concur that with proper use and even with an occasional oops wrong
antenna, an 8877/3CX1500 will last a long time.

Agreed!

Even longer tube life with quick and latching (keeping the amplifier de-keyed until reset manually) protection circuits.

73, Jim W7RY

Still it nice to know where
to get replacements if needed or wanted for spares.

Does DX Engineering intend to sell these tubes?
https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-8877

73,
John KK9A

Tim Duffy k3lr wrote:

I have 25 amplifiers here that use 8877s. It is a really good tube for
amateur use at 1500 watts output.

Some of my amplifiers have 8877s with date codes in the 1970s and they are
still going strong.

With care - 8877s last a long time.

I built a 8877 tube tester several years ago to insure I can keep these
amplifiers going for many more years

73
Tim K3LR