Re: [Amps] Measuring filament voltage

To: Steve <g8gsq72@gmail.com>, Amplifiers <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Measuring filament voltage
From: "Fuqua, William L." <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 19:51:53 +0000
That reminds me, maybe 30 years ago I bought a 3-500z GG amplifier from a guy
that said he could not get it to
work well. I took it home and found that considerable voltage drop across the
filament choke.
I added another smaller filament choke secondary in series with the primary of
the 3-500z transformer as a
boost transformer and it worked just fine.