Re: [Amps] EIMAC vs Amperex 3-500

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] EIMAC vs Amperex 3-500
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 05:30:07 -0500
Maybe the Amperex tubes have lower emission.  Maybe they've been used
a lot more?

The link to the Eimac switch tube note gave me some kind of crazy page
wanting to install cookies or something.  No thanks.  No Eimac data
there at all.

Take care of those 3-400 chimneys.  Those were ONLY made for that
tube, which wasn't in production long, therefore, the matching
chimneys are scarce and hard to find.  The 3-500 chimneys were made
for that tube and also 4-400s, 4-500s and 5-500s so there are a lot
more of them around.  No, the 3-500 chimney will not be right for the
3-400.

I have had folks tell me before that the 3-400 is a better built tube
than its 500 watt triode brother.  Can't remember why they thought
that though.

73
Rob
K5UJ