[Amps] FW: What to do about 'Neutral' in HB amp?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FW: What to do about 'Neutral' in HB amp?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 09:21:27 -0500
>"Ahh, yes, now I remember that circuit. I was under the impression that
blower speed was relatively insensitive to voltage for an induction
motor..."
73, Jim w8zr"

A synchronous blower motor would maintain velocity regardless of load but
I've not seen them used in blower applications.  The extra cost of the
synchronous motor relative to an induction motor places the latter at a
manufacturing advantage.

But, ETO's design does work, albeit with some hysteresis with an increase in
amp output power.   That's probably an advantage though for RTTY and FT8
modes.  In CW and SSB we wouldn't want to hear the blower velocity change
with peak power.  Blower noise is bad enough as it is.

Paul, W9AC