Re: [Amps] Starting up a NEW Henry amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Starting up a NEW Henry amp
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 22:42:57 -0500
Are you saying that the Henry is causing RFI in your transceiver?  Is this
occurring with a dummy load or does you antenna feedline have CMC?

John KK9A

Carl Braun W9LF wrote?

By enabling the tuner in the rig I can knock down most of the SWR when
running the Henry's but I don't have to do that with my other amp. One
difference...  I do have a longer coax run (25') from the Henry's back to
the PM II watt meter . The Alpha has a three ft (3') jumper from the amp to
the watt meter. I'm going to shorten the coax from the Henry RF consoles to
the coupler to 8' or so to see if that lessens any of the RF coming back to
the rig. I do have a W2FMI line isolator in the line going to the amps with
no visible changes. More parts are coming like RFI kits for the amp and
transceiver, a 1:1 unun for the output of the amp and one for the base of
the antenna.
Any other Suggestions?

Thanks

Carl W9LF