[antennaware] Convergence problem with EZNEC

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Convergence problem with EZNEC
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 00:42:15 +0000
I am working with models of the Force 12 C-3, trying to model stacks and
their potential interaction with guy wires and wire low-band arrays.

The models I'm using include a simplified monotaper model (7 wires) and one
based on the physical antenna (57 wires).

According to EZNEC, these can be "conservatively" run on 28 mhz with ~ 95
and 130 segments.  However, I find that the gain figures, in particular,
don't start to converge until quite close to EZNEC's 500-segment limit -
the difference can be 1-1.5 dBi.  This gives me real pause for the accuracy
of models using 2-3 of these antennas plus other conductors in the
vicinity, yet staying under EZNEC's ceiling.

Anyone got any advice on how I might deal with this?

Thanks!

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Don't forget to update your entry on the World Contest Station Database,
now at http://www.contesting.com/stationdatabase.htm

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html
Submissions:              antennaware@contesting.com