Re: [Antennaware] Download terrain data for use with HFTA

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Download terrain data for use with HFTA
From: Kevin Normoyle <knormoyle@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:47:01 -0700
Just got the ARRL Antenna book, and am trying HFTA

tried getting data using updates in :
 > http://www.arrl.org/notes/9043/HFTA-Changes.pdf

seems to have changed again since Pete N4ZR and N6BV's notes in January.
(at seamless.usgs.gov)

I couldn't seem to get to a download by specifying the coordinates directly.
Note there are 4 buttons under download now. (the file above mentions two)

It got worse when I tried to specify coordinates with decimal..I think there
is something wrong with that option).

But I was able to get to the download when I used zoom to locate the
area, then
the "Define Download Area" button to draw a rectangle on the map..

But then it kept getting an error when I tried to download.

I switched from IE to Firefox and I got the download. (zip file)

I think maybe there's some popup blocking or something going on. I have
the latest XP updates/firewall/IE stuff.

(it's been a struggle because i just have diaup at this location. what
a pain)

ok joy, i have the files now.

Basically my point is: HFTA-Changes.pdf isn't really up to date any more.
and
Has anyone else noticed problems with using IE with XP and latest
firewall/blocking
stuff, to download the final stuff?

This is my first time, so there could be user error, but if someone
who knows how to do it, could verify they see the same issues, that
would be good info?

Thanks
Kevin
KE6RAD