Re: [Antennaware] Download terrain data for use with HFTA

To: Kevin Normoyle <knormoyle@comcast.net>,antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Download terrain data for use with HFTA
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:54:05 -0400
This is from the USGS site and seems to address your download issue:

If recently updated to Windows XP - Service Pack 2 ---
Make sure the enable download is checked in the internet security settings
The extraction url needs to set as a trusted site, within the security
settings, follow these steps
1) On IE go to TOOLs ---> Internet Options ---> Security Tab
2) Click on Trusted Sites (third icon in the window)
3) Then click the SITES button. A new window should appear where you can add a
website.
4) At the bottom of the page, Uncheck the box beside --Require server ....
5) In the first box type in http://extract.cr.usgs.gov
6) Click Add --- The website should appear in the second box labeled Websites
7) Click OK
8) Click OK