Re: [Antennaware] Shielded loop receive antennas.

To: <Antennaware@contesting.com>, "David Gould" <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Shielded loop receive antennas.
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:53:23 -0600
Dave,

As a 'rule of thumb' the captured signal power in small loops is
proportional to the area enclosed by the loop.  Twice the area = twice the
power (3 dB).

The typical dimensions given for these loops allow them to be used on either
160M or 80M -- and as you have surmised, the loop can be larger for 160M
only.

73, Gary
K9AY
_________