Re: [Antennaware] EZNEC modelling

To: Terry Conboy <n6ry@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] EZNEC modelling
From: David Gould <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:34:09 +0000
Terry,

Thanks very much for the model and the explanation and taking the
time to do it...

I see what you have done,  in that the capacitor has gone to ground
effectively in parallel with the coil.
My thinking is that the series C does indeed go to earth but
**through**  the 50ohm resistive source impedance.
Is it just a convention that this resistance can be ignored in the
model?  The proof is that it seems to work without it..

I have got TLW on a CD somewhere, I must look it out and load it onto
this (new) PC.

I should just say that I made a small mistake in the previous post in
that the vertical was only 37ft high (not 48) so that was why my
L-match components were different from yours.  (I have been playing
with several different models and got them mixed up)  I have modified
your model to the correct values.

Thanks again for your help.

73,
Dave G3UEG