Re: [Antennaware] Modeling Software -

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Modeling Software -
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:35:30 -0600

>N6RY
_____

The limitation Terry notes is another example why I use modeling for a
"close estimate" rather than "precise replication" of an actual antenna.

In this case, given the scale of the structure relative to conductor
diameters, I figured the error would not be particularly big. My quick test
in EZNEC was to start with a vertical conductor the same as the top hat
wires and progressively make it fatter. The higher inductance with smaller
wires was evident, and no big jumps were noticed in the results.

Gary
K9AY

P.S.  I can get away with my less-detailed approach because I tend to work
on relatively simple structures. They are easy to build, measure and adjust.
Greater precision is required for more complex structures, such as long-boom
UHF Yagis.