Re: [Antennaware] 2 element tribanders

To: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] 2 element tribanders
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:45:45 -0400
The key word is "advertised."  The height above ground is the principal
determinant of take-off angle, for any horizontal antenna from a dipole
on up.  On the other hand, if your house were at the top of a fairly
steep hill, then your take-off angle could be radically lower.  I very
much doubt that you could notice a difference among these antennas in
real life.

73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com